Welcome to the HSL PTFA
The High School Leckhampton Parents Teachers and Friends Association, otherwise known as the PTFA, offers a fantastic way for parents and carers to support the school.
The objective of the PTFA is to advance the education of pupils in the school, which may include:
- Developing more extended relationships between the staff, parents and others associated with the school
- Engage in activities which support the school and advance the education of the pupils attending it
- Provide and assist in the provision of facilities or items for education at the school that are not provided from statutory funds
Keep up to date with events by following our Facebook page: the THSL PTFA Facebook page.
PTFA Calendar 2023/24
|Icebreaker Disco 2023
|22nd September 2023
|26th September 2023
|Preloved Uniform Sale
|12th October 2023
|16th November 2023
|Christmas Celebration (inc preloved uniform sale & Christmas jumper swap)
|13th December 2023
|18th January 2024
|29th February 2024
|18th, 19th, 20th March 2024
|11th April 2024
|Quiz and Chips Night
|3rd May 2024
|20th June 2024
|12th July 2024
|5th September 2024
|20th September 2024
|26th September 2024
Volunteering at PTFA events
The PTFA welcomes anybody generous enough to want to contribute their time to help out at the events we support.
If you are able to volunteer at an event, we operate a broadcast group on WhatsApp, where we:
● Share details of what is being organised for an event
● Ask for help from volunteers
To get involved click here to join the PTFA Volunteers WhatsApp group, thank you.
The management of the PTFA is vested in a committee, which meets at least once per term and all members are welcome to attend.
All members (current parents, guardians and teachers) and associate members (friends) are welcome to attend the meetings to discuss the given agenda and contribute their ideas and be part of the discussion.
Upcoming committee meetings
AGM on Thursday 28th September 7pm 2023 (TBC)
Who is on the PTFA committee?
● Chairperson – Kelvin Jones
● Vice Chairperson – Amy Barber
● Secretary – Kerry Lea
● Treasurer – Janice Taylor
What if I can’t attend the meetings?
We understand that you may not be able to attend a committee meeting, even if you are interested in the proceedings. If there is something you would like to add to the agenda, please contact the PTFA (firstname.lastname@example.org) with as much information as possible so we can discuss your ideas at the next meeting. Minutes of the committee meetings are also available on request by emailing email@example.com
The PTFA raises funds to support the school in purchasing additional educational items and facilities for the school. For example, in 2022-23 we raised money for library books and we are currently raising funds towards kits for THSL sports teams as well as supporting other much-needed projects. We welcome donations at all our events and are dependent on your support. You are welcome to contribute gifts / prizes for future events and if you are able to give any time or skills to support the PTFA, please fill out a pledge form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shop online and support our school with EasyFundraising
We've partnered with EasyFundraising to raise funds for our school without any extra effort. Here's how you can contribute:
- Sign up to EasyFundraising using this link
- Shop online as usual and retailers donate on your behalf, at no extra cost!
- Thousands of popular retailers participate, including John Lewis, Amazon, Tesco, Currys, Asda, Iceland, eBay and Apple, offering a wide range of products and services.
- Transparent tracking lets you see the impact of your contributions.
- No extra cost, just maximum impact for our students!
Thank you for your support!